Wednesday, June 08, 2011

ESL OUTLINE - UKRAINE 2011 (C)

Me: Great! So you transfer your trust from your good deeds to His good deeds, to Him alone. You receive Him as Savior and Lord. The Bible says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock. He who hears My voice and invites Me in, I will come in." Jesus wants to sit on the throne of your heart, put your life in the proper order, and help you to turn from sin and live a new life out of gratitude to Him. Will you receive Him in these ways?
You: Yes.
Me: Our Father in heaven, I thank You that "Jim Bob" understands that heaven is a gift, not something we earn or deserve, that it has to be a gift because of our sin. And we thank You for sending Jesus to pay the punishment for our sins and offer us a place in heaven that we receive by faith. Now "Jim Bob" repeat after me. "Lord Jesus."
You: "Lord Jesus."
Me: "I confess that I am a sinner."
You: "I confess that I am a sinner."
Me: "And I receive Your forgiveness."
You: "And I receive Your forgiveness."
Me: "I invite You into my heart as Savior and Lord."
You: "I invite You into my heart as Savior and Lord."
Me: "I am not my Savior."
You: "I am not my Savior."
Me: "You are my Savior."
You: "You are my Savior."
Me: "And I ask You to help me turn from sin and live for You."
You: "And I ask You to help me turn from sin and live for You."
Me: Amen.
You: Amen.
Me: Now, Lord, I pray that you would help "Jim Bob" to know for sure that when he dies he will be with You in heaven, because Jesus died for him. Amen. Now "Jim Bob," why should God let you into heaven?
You: Because Jesus died for me.
Me: Yes, and Jesus says, "Truly I say to you who believe in Me, you have eternal life." So if you believe in Jesus, what do you have?
You: Eternal life.
Me: Are you sure?
You: Yes.
Me: Great! Now God wants you to remember this, but Satan wants you to forget. So remember that Jesus is your connection to God. Read the Bible. Pray to God. Spend time with people who believe the same truth. Worship God in a Bible-believing church. And tell others about this good news that you have learned today. Lastly, be obedient to God, because that is how He blesses us.
Lord bless you, and I'd be glad to see you at church on Sunday.
You: Thanks. Goodbye.
Me: Goodbye.

No comments: