Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Right to Write?

In 2002, I compiled my Bible study notes into a book form. I did the graphics and page layouts and everything I could think of to make my own book. Here was my original cover art:

In 2003, I decided to proceed with a self-publishing option for this book called Print On Demand (POD) Publishing. I used a company called Infinity Publishing and was extremely pleased with the finished product. The final cover art, which I modified from a friend's suggestion, looks like this:

I sold about 120 copies in addition to the copies I gave away (perhaps 50 more). That's not impressive, but I wrote the book for the right reason. It was Benjamin Disraeli who said, "The best way to become acquainted with a subject is to write a book about it." That's exactly what I did with this first. Over the past 5 years - yep, it's been that long ago - several people, friends and family, have wondered if and when I'd write another book. I have been writing since then, but my focus has been in Bible study, Bible commentary, lesson preparation, and blogging. I have laid out my next book. Here's a cover art preview:It's far from finished, but understanding grace and the sovereignty of God is perhaps the most crucial endeavor for living the Christian life once you have put on Biblical glasses. It's a sensible follow up, but I'm waiting for the right time to write. When is it right to write? Time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know....this is all just mythology. The bible is just a history book comprised by bronze-age tribesmen. How about showing some proof that there IS such a thing as 'god'? Can't do it right? Because there is none.

Unknown said...

Why the anonymous post? Let's talk about this. You have said, "This is all just mythology." How do you know? Do you have faith in others' opinions? Or are you trusting in personal experience? If so, then undoubtedly you lack experience of the living God and therefore see no proof of His existence.

In reality, you are poor, blind, and naked; you are suppressing the truth of His eternal power and divine nature by your own wickedness. You have exchanged the glory of God for images of created things. And God has given you over to your sinfulness, including a depraved mind. As Romans 1:21-22 declare, "For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools."

But it's not too late. Repent from your wickedness and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.